I didn't get nearly as much gardening and outside stuff done this past summer. It wasn't necessarily the pregnancy that hindered my efforts, but my hip pain and pulled groin muscle (caused by the pregnancy) that did it. I had wanted to plant a big corn crop, but that didn't happen. So instead, I planted a couple of short rows about a week ago. It's not really the best time of year for it, but who cares. At this point, it's more for fun. Sam will be really excited to watch it grow. Plus, it should be ready right around Thanksgiving. If we get enough, maybe Sam can take some in to show everyone in her class at school.

This is our Rhode Island Red, Dora.

She looks fierce here. Grrrr. Oh wait, chickens don't say "grrrr".

Here are the Buff Orphingtons. Honey is in the back and Sunny up front.

We got two eggs today! One from Dora and the other from either Honey or Sunny. I've got to catch her in the act to figure out which one.
2 comments:
That 2nd picture of Dora makes me want to run away!
I know, but in reality, she's quite docile. Unless you toss out some grapes. They all fight and squabble over grapes.
Post a Comment